From:
"J.V. Rich" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
J.V. Rich
Date:
Wed, 12 May 2004 13:24:02 -0700

PART 2
For about six months, I have been maintaining a list of companies and
brands that voluntarily label for the presence of wheat, rye, and
barley AND/OR major allergens.  The idea behind keeping such a list is
so I knew which brands that had ingredient labels I could trust.  At
one time I had great plans to make this a systematic project, but life
got in the way.  You know how that is.

Thought I would share with you.

Please keep in mind that these products are NOT NECESSARILY gluten free
- but if they contain wheat (and in some cases, barley and rye), it
should be specifically listed in the ingredients.

The source for the information is largely this list as well as what I
have gleaned from personally talking to companies.  Whenever I call or
contact a company, I try to find out if they have a policy about
labeling ingredients.

I would be interested in any feedback you can provide about problems
you have had with any of these brands so we can evaluate how
successfully this voluntary labeling meets our needs.  I would also be
interested in any additions to the list.

I had to divide the list into two parts because it is so long.

Jackie in AZ

Brands on this list specifically Label for gluten (according to
listmates) OR major allergens  or both (if specified)  (N - Z)

Nabisco
Nestle (major allergens only)
Old El Paso
Oldham’s Farm  (major allergens only)
Orville Redenbacher’s  (major allergens only)
PAM  (major allergens only)
Parkay  (major allergens only)
Patio  (major allergens only)
Pemmican  (major allergens only)
Penrose  (major allergens only)
Pepsodent
Perugina major allergens only)
Peter Pan  (major allergens only)
Philadelphia
Pillsbury
Pond’s
Popsicle
Post
Powerbar major allergens only)
Power Dream
Progresso
Promise
Q-tips
Ragu
Ranch Style  (major allergens only)
Rave
Ready Crisp  (major allergens only)
Reddi-wip  (major allergens only)
Rice Dream
Ro*Tel  (major allergens only)
Rosarita  (major allergens only)
Russell Stover
Safeway (all brands listed separately here)
Safeway brand (major allergens)
Safeway Select (major allergens)
Salon Selectives
Sara Lee Pre-Packaged Meats/Cheeses
Seven Seas
Shield
Singleton  (major allergens only)
Skippy
Slim Jim  (major allergens only)
Slim-Fast
Snuggle
Soy Dream
Squeez ‘N Go  (major allergens only)
Stony Field Yoghurts
Stouffers major allergens only)
Suave
Sunny Delight
Sure Jell
Surf
Swiss Miss  (major allergens only)
T. Marzetti
Texas Signature Foods  (major allergens only)
The Max  (major allergens only)
Thermasilk
Tombstone
Trader Joe's (major allergens)
Tyson (major allergens only)
Unilever (all brands listed separately here)
Van Camp’s  (major allergens only)
Vaseline
Yoplait
Webber Farms  (major allergens only)