From:
"Jerry A." <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 31 Jan 2003 20:06:24 -0800

I found this good web site about a problem common to us celiacs:

http://uhseast.com/body.cfm?id=76&action=display&articlenum=3128

I was wondering what causes this in me. I know what the steatorrhea is like
but did not know this about floating stools: “One misconception is that
floating stools are caused by an increase in the fat content of the stool.
In fact, it is increased gas levels in the stool that make it less dense and
allow it to float.”

I thought the reason they floated was because of the fat in the stool. I
learned a lot at that page. Check it out when you get some free moments.

Jerry
California