From:
Shari & Ken Weber <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Jan 1999 22:07:39 -0500

Hi Everyone,

I read a summary about ST John's Wort and SSRI's and depression.
Someone had given input about turning into a mean mommy when going off
of one of these.

I feel that even though my energy has increased since being GF that I'm
still not myself around my kids.  I go through Mean Mommy stages/cycles.
It really surprises me when it happens.  I go out of control with
yelling anger.  I even have open palmed the top of my sons head -not
hurting him but really upsetting myself!

Could anyone experiencing Mean Mommy episodes send me an EM.  I think
I'm in need of some support, experience, help...    Please respond
directly to me and I'll summarize!

I tried St John's Wort at one time - and took it after a Thanksgiving
Dinner where I thought I'd been GF - I also took a GF Enzyme capsule and
threw up all night. so I am not sure which caused the episode but stay
away from all the above.  Serzone made me feel awful fuzzy and stupid
and I never tried wellbutrin.  (Serzone was taken before I knew I had to
be GF so it may not be safe).

Please let me know if you've had those Mean mommy episodes too!

Thanks,  Shari -  Near Valley Forge PA USA