From:
CONNIE SARROS <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Jan 1998 02:36:50 UT

Happy New Year Fellow Celiacs~
My husband and I are planning a trip out of the country in March and I am very
concerned about where I will find acceptable foods to eat.  On day trips or
weekend trips, I pack a cooler with some foods just in case I run into a
problem.  Obviously, I cannot take a cooler overseas with food for a week or
more!  Does anyone have any suggestions of pre-packaged foods I can take that
don't need any refrigeration?  I can pack Fritos and rice crackers, a loaf of
rice bread with a jar of jam or peanut butter, but surely there must be some
more wholesome and filling food available for the trip.  Canned goods will be
too heavy.  To add to the problem, I may also be lactose intolerant.  Any
suggestions will be helpful.

Connie in Ohio