From:
Stuart MacMartin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 May 2000 22:21:08 -0400

Does anyone know if the icing sugar used in
peanut butters in Canada are safe?  All manufacturers
except Kraft (ugh) and "Lite" (ugher) seem to just list
icing sugar without specifying what's in the icing sugar,
but the icing sugar in one of the major grocery stores
here lists corn starch, not wheat, so my guess is there's
a chance they are safe.  I eat a lot of PB (currently from
our food order, which lists "sugar" and I don't react)

Related questions:

- Why do they use icing sugar in Canada but sugar in USA?

- I have problems with peanuts in the shell but not peanut butter.
  Would this spell trouble for those "grind your own" in
  health food stores? Or is it just I get too much fibre when
  I eat peanuts from the shell?

- Is there a problem with roasted peanuts?
  Or is that only the obviously coated ones?

And no, I don't like PB without salt, and I prefer it sweetened.

Stuart