From:
Lori Bloomberg <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lori Bloomberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Apr 2012 03:32:52 +0000

All, I sent out an email a few weeks ago regarding my Celiac/Hashimoto 5 year old son and his headaches and questioning whether Levoxyl could be causing them.  I am still getting in a trickle of responses. I was really surprised by how many responses I got, and I want to thank you all for your advice and suggestions.  I was also surprised to see how many people are managing both diseases.  I know they can be "linked" but luckily they can both be "controlled" with careful monitoring and diet.   I was very happy to hear that most everyone on Synthroid and Levoxyl are doing well, and that no one complained of any issues with gluten.  It is reassuring to know that there are options out there (including Armour).  So far we are sticking with the Levoxyl. My son seems to be doing better and hasn't been complaining of the headaches. I am still not sure what that was all about but perhaps his body has finally gotten used to the meds.  I am also being careful to maintain his blood sugar with a snack and/or drink after he hasn't eaten in a while.  He has another blood test coming up in a few weeks. I just want to say that I think this is a very productive Listserve and I appreciate everyone sharing all of their knowledge! Bye for now, Lori