From:
Don Davies <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Apr 1998 21:58:11 -0400

I recently posted a request for translations of a simple message for
restaurants in Italian, Turkish, Arabic, and Albanian. I received eleven
or relevant ideas about Italy; three about Turkey. I was not really
surprised not to hear from anyone with an Albanian or Arabic translation.

If anyone wants to see one or more of the Turkish or Italian Turkish
translations -- to show waiters or chefs -- please respond directly and I
will send one or two along.
I was also directed to an excellent web site with similar translations in
sixteen languages: http://members.aol.com/zoeliak/auswahl.htm

A few of the respondents sent long lists of Italian grocery items and
translations of common foods. Very helpful. The time and effort taken is
appreciated.
Don Davies
41 Pleasant Street
Marblehead, MA. 01945 USA