From:
Charles Owens <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Charles Owens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Feb 2006 19:16:29 -0500

Hi,
I guess it wasn't clear about why CD isn't genetic in my case.  I will
quote a statement
from http://www.niddk.nih.gov and CD is listed alphabetically
under "Health" information"
or you can email them at [log in to unmask] and get a copy of this
brochure.

                            What is Celiac Disease
*CD is a genetic disease, meaning that it runs in families.  Sometimes the
disease is triggered--
or becomes active for the first time--after surgery, pregnancy,
childbirth, viral infection, or severe
emotional distress.*
Many people don't seem to realize this can be the case. Like me coming
back with infectious
hepatitis (Type A) and another thing I didn't mention was that I got
walking pneumonia from
working in constant rain at times and the mosquito's didn't help.  We
lived in plywood Quonset
huts but barracks were constructed later on I think but that was 40 years
ago.

When I said I let my subscription expire I meant that I un-subscribed
during several visits to
SD, CA and never got around to signing back up. I missed the diabetes-
celiac link so I just signed
up for that today as well, because my endo. is urging me to get an insulin
pump.  I have asked many
questions and found out that gastroparesis and celiac disease would really
complicate the process.
My answer will be no on Thursday.  For a younger office worker I could see
it.

No one mentioned the free music at www.johnnycash.com so that about sums
it up.  I answered
everyone personally. In 1996 I realized I had CD because of an article in
Diabetes Forecast entitled
*Wheat is Your Problem* by Jean Guest.  It's like the article was written
about me.  She is usually a speaker
at the national CSA conventions and she points out the fact that all T-1
diabetics ought to be checked for
CD or DH.

Charlie  T-1 diabetes, DH and CD in that order.