From:
Lisa Roessler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lisa Roessler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 May 2014 12:25:24 -0700

Sorry it's taken me a while to summarize, but thank you for all of your responses!

Several people felt that now all labs and your regular doctor/pediatrician can handle the testing.  A couple of people said their doctors still felt Prometheus was still the best bet.  A couple of people in the Michigan area said that their hospitals use Mayo Clinic for celiac labs.

Another pointed out to be sure and get the "full" celiac panel including EMA and not just the tTg.  Thanks for bringing this to my attention!  I did not think to question the doctor as to what specific tests she was ordering and called her the next day to find out.  Of course she was only ordering the tTg, which would not have worked for my son in any case because he has low IgA!  Here is a link describing all of the different lab tests in case anyone is interested:
http://celiac.org/celiac-disease/diagnosing-celiac-disease/screening/

I also received a recommendation regarding Dr Thomas Osborn: Http://www.glutenfreesociety.org and Dr. Perlmutter of the Grain Brain http://www.perlmutterfoundation.org who both speak highly of and use Cyrex labs: Http://www.cyrexlabs.com/patienthome/tabid/129/default.aspx. Cyrex also has a test which diagnoses underlying and hidden auto-immune diseases.

Thanks again!
Lisa Roessler

*******
*******