From:
Rob Lazebnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Apr 1999 00:09:38 EDT

Our son was diagnosed with celiac about 6 months ago, when he was 4 and a
half.  He's responded very well to the diet, but we're concerned because he
put weight on pretty fast intially (going from about 29 pounds to 33 after
about 3 months), and growing about 1 3/4 inches.  Now, though, after a total
of 6 months, he's grown a total of 2 1/4 inches since the diet started, and
is holding at about 34 pounds.  He seems to have plateaued.  Has anyone had a
similar experience?  Should we be concerned that his diet might have been
contaminated or that there might be another issue involved?  Thanks very much.