From:
Thomas J Leonard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Jul 1995 06:27:26 -0400

Jane & Bob this fried chicken recipe works for me. Lived in Louisiana
for years and a Cajun neighbor shared her recipe with me. I've adapted
it to be gluten-free.

Will need 3 small containers, 1 with 1 cup rice flour in it.2nd will
contain buttermilk and 3rd will contain 1 cup rice flour, pinch of salt,
fresh ground pepper and1-3 Tablespoons sesame seeds if you wish.
Take each chicken piece and dredge in rice flour, dip in buttermilk to coat
then place in flour/salt etc. mixture. Place on wire cake rack while
coating rest of chicken.  Fry in a small amount of oil on medium heat.
Turning to brown on all sides. Fry until chicken is done.
You may also fry chicken just until brown. To finish cooking, place in
350 degree oven for 10 - 20 minutes (depend on thickness of chicken piece).
Chicken tenders and nuggets are great done this way. Serve at room temp.
or hot w ith  several dipping sauces.  Delicious for picnics or finger
foods for parties.

You may also wish to try dredging pieces in a GF baking mix to see which
adaption you like the best.
GFBaking Mix:  4 cups rice flour, 1 2/3 cups potato starch flour, 2/3 cup
tapioca starch. Mix all ingredients together well. Remove amount needed
for the recipe.  To store remaining flour mixture: refrigerate or freeze
until  further use.

Sandra J Leonard ([log in to unmask])
gfbaker Fairborn, OH USA