Date:
Mon, 12 Aug 2002 08:47:44 -0500

Hiya fellow Twin Citiapolitans.

I just picked up some of the Wedge Co-op's new GF bread, which is baked
onsite at the Wedge. 24 oz loaf for $4.29+tax. Seems like it would be a
decent sandwich bread, altho I've only tried it toasted with brie or PB so
far. It's what I consider a more "light-weight" bread - definitely not as
heavy duty as the bread I make in my bread machine (Bob's Red Mill,
Authentic Foods). Since I'm a fan of heavy bread, I'm probably going to
stick with my bread machine bread or Food For Life's Rice-Almond Bread for
my morning PB & toast, and use the Wedge bread for sandwiches (since the
Food For Life bread is a little sweet for sandwiches).

The Wedge also bakes GF cakes, muffins, and cookies. All their deli items
are labeled as to their GF, wheat free, dairy free, and (I believe) egg
free status. Check http://www.wedgecoop.com/ for more information or to
contact them.

Chris Silker
Minneapolis MN