From:
Leslie Beachwood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Apr 1998 16:46:58 -0700

I finally took the plunge about 10 days ago and went GF. I'm not
diagnosed (negative anti-endomysial, no biopsy), and have no obvious
symptoms except rosacea. Believe it or not the rosacea appears to have
gotten worse, with lots of itchy skin and scalp and outbreaks on my
chin, which has been rare.

So my question is, has anyone else experienced anything similar after
going GF -- worsening symptoms at first? I think I've been fairly
careful, but even if a little gluten has slipped through, it seems
rather early in the game to attribute the flareup to the exaggerated
symptoms some people get after ingesting gluten after a long time
gluten-free. I have experienced the "worsening reaction" syndrome with
dairy products myself, but only after many months of being dairy-free.

Has anyone gotten worse before they got better? Or, is it more likely
that I'm reacting to another food? My consumption of corn and rice has
certainly gone up in the last week. I'd welcome any thoughts you'd care
to share, and would especially like to hear from those who have had skin
reactions to gluten or other foods.

Thanks,

Leslie Beachwood
Beaverton, OR