From:
The Mitchell Family <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Sep 2000 20:03:25 -0400

Have been totally swamped for a while and am hopelessly behind on posts
so please forgive if this has been hashed to death previously. i have a
14 year old son who has been homeschooled for 8 years. He is now going
to a private school and they re pressuring me to have hep B and
chickenpox vaccine. My fairly uninformed Dr. says go ahead with the hep
b but "watch him" !!!! A lot of good that will do if he shopuldn't have
it. She says hold off on the chicken pox vzccine and see hpow he "does"
onthe hep b. Have any of you had any experience with this? There is a
shot clinic on this Eri. so I need to make a rather quick decision.
Friend have warned against this in general. My question is also does the
celiac constitute a greater risk? Thanks a million for your input. Lois
in NY