From:
Renee Henrikson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Renee Henrikson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Nov 2004 18:25:41 -0500
<<Disclaimer: Verify this information before applying it to your
situation.>>

I recieved so many good recipes! Thank you-
Renee

CORN BREAD STUFFING:

3 cups cooled, and crumbled cornbread (GF-I have a recipe if you need it)
8-10 slices white GF bread, broken into small pieces (You could start with
6
pieces, since GF bread will soak up the liquids so fast)
1 stick margarine
5 eggs
1/2 large onion, chopped
1/2 tsp. pepper
1 tsp. powdered sage
salt to taste
Add broth from turkey ( I used a 16 oz. can of chicken or turkey broth)
Mix well.

You may have to add water too.  It needs to be quite juicy or it will be
dry.

Bake uncovered about 25-30 min at 350, or until browned.

>>>Last year I tried dressing in the crock pot and it was really good - I
was
short on oven space and read about using the crock pot.  Butter or oil the
sides
- put in stuffing and bake on high for 1 hr then reduce to low for 4 - 5
hours.  Watch it the last hour or so - it gets really crispy on sides and
bottom.

I bake the gluten free corn bread mix -after cooled break up into very
small
pieces
I ordered gluten free bread cubes (croutons) from Energy - 1 package
1 whole diced onion
1 green pepper diced
I saute the onion and pepper in butter
I add all of the above in a bowl and season with salt and pepper.   This is
the not so precise part.  I add the gluten free chicken broth - probably 2-
3
cans - the mix should be very moist (you would probably want to make the
mistake of too moist than the other way around - I bake at 350 for about 1
hour.
Last year I made this for my family and guests and no one could tell the
difference from past years.  Hope this helps.  Happy Thanksgiving

>>>The day before you need the stuffing, make enough cornbread for a 9x13
pan.
This should be a savory, not sweet, cornbread recipe.

The next day, cube the cornbread (I made 1+" cubes) and toast in the oven
at 350F until lightly browned. Meanwhile, saute the following in a little
bit of olive oil or butter:

1-2 onions, chopped
4-6 stalks celery, chopped
1 c portabella mushrooms, chopped
1 apple, chopped (do not peel)

-------------

1 sweet Italion turkey sausage (they had these at my co-op - the sausage
had a little bit of fennel in it, which was wonderful), cooked and cut
into
very small cubes
1 4 oz can chopped black olives
1-2 T parsley flakes
1+ T poultry seasoning
2 15/16 oz cans gf chicken broth

In a large bowl, mix the toasted cornbread, sauteed veggies, turkey
sausage, chopped black olives, and seasonings. Add the broth and mix well.
You may need to add some water to make the dressing sufficiently moist.

Bake at 325-350F in a 9x13 pan or in a casserole dish for 30-60 minutes,
until dressing turns golden on top.

Happy cooking!

Chris Silker
kind of guessed at the amount, maybe 4.
l TB olive oil
2 slices bacon
l small Mc Intosh apple chopped
2 celery ribs finely chopped
l small onion chopped
2 TB freshly chopped sage or l tsp dried.  I used the fresh.
Pepper
salt
cornbread
Some toasted pecans chopped
Used approx. 1 1/2 cups chicken broth or whatever it takes to reach desired
moisture depending on how much corn bread is used.
I just sauteed everything in a large frying  pan and then put in a
casserole
dish and heated in the oven.

Nancy. Have a nice Thanksgiving
>>>Make your corn bread, crumple cornbread, add diced onion, diced celery,
about a teaspoon of poultry seasoning, a teaspoon of sage seasoning, mix
an egg or two with a can of gf chicken broth ( or some homemade)  pour
over cornbread mixture, add more broth if necessary - you are looking for
moist - but not soupy, add a teaspoon of salt, put in baking dish, can
refrigerate until next day before baking, if you want to, (actually it
helps the flavors meld)  bake about 350 degrees till edges brown.  If you
have a herb garden you can use fresh sage, yummy.  You can freeze
leftovers.

Gravy - saute some onion in oil, till cooked, add to a pan of broth & any
drippings from turkey or chicken, can add chopped bits of turkey etc.,
(very southern but you can add a chopped hard boiled egg), mix cornstarch
with a little cold water, bring broth to a boil, drizzle cornstarch in &
stir.  For seasoning/color you can sprinkle in a couple drops of Lee &
Perrins worchestershire sauce.
Jeannine, Houston, TX