From:
The Cossalters <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 May 2001 09:52:21 +1000

THANK YOU to all who responded to my query regarding any relationship
between CD and anorexia.  This is just a preface so that the summary isn't
clogged up with information that would be meaningless to people who may look
it up in the archives in the future.

Firstly, sincere thanks to those that expressed empathy and best wishes for
my niece.  She sure has been doing it tough and still has a long way to go.

I think many of you assumed that my niece was the "classic" anorexic who saw
herself as fat even though she was wasting away (so much so that her very
life was in jeopardy).   In fact this is not the case.   At 35kg (77lbs) she
knew exactly how thin she was and had no misconception that she was fat,
there just seemed to be an aversion to putting food into her mouth.

Anyway, that's a whole other story, but that was just a basic background
which addressed some misunderstandings.  For those that didn't see my
original post my niece who has anorexia has also just had positive bloodwork
for CD.

Clearly, I've got so much to learn.   I will pass your valuable information
on to my twin who will know the best time and way to approach my
niece with it.   If there's something in there that rings a bell, strikes a
chord, or helps her in the slightest way, then bless you.

Oh right, the summary, sorry it's taken a while -  I'll post the Summary
with direct quotes.   I'm no medico, you be the judge.   I haven't posted
some of the duplicate opinions as this is getting fairly lengthy (and I
haven't even started yet).

Take care and thanks again,
Jean