From:
Debbie Gates <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Debbie Gates <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Jan 2003 08:44:26 -0800

Hi everybody . . . I am doing some research and would appreciate some input from the list. I would like anyone who is so inclined to email me with your story of pre-diagnosis and post-diagnosis of Celiac Sprue. How it has affected your life, your thoughts on the current position the medical community takes and your experience with the medical community in general with regard to Celiac, etc. This research is, at the present time, not going to be published or anything like that and all info will be kept confidential. If, at any point in time I do decide to go ahead with a publishing, anyone who contributed would be notified. Write as much or as little as you want. I really want to hear it all. It is sort of going to be a therapy for me right now, as I'm still having a hard time even after 2 years post diagnosis. I just found out that a brother-in-law who died a few years ago because of Chron's Disease was found to have "malabsorption because of a problem in the intestines caused by Chron's Disease" at autopsy. He suffered with classic Celiac symptoms since childhood and was diagnosed and treated with Chron's in 1979. He was 38 years old when he died. I hadn't gotten my diagnosis of Celiac when we were told about his Chron's Disease or when he died from it. It's just so sad that there might be so many people who are dying when maybe they just aren't getting the real culprit - gluten intolerance - diagnosed. Anyway, please, no harsh words this time. I would just very much appreciate YOUR stories. Thanks                 Debbie/AZ