From:
Mike Marshall <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 25 Jan 2007 18:43:34 EST

-Thanks to everyone that RSVP'd.  I'm sure this summary will benefit all
interested members on our LISTSERV.
-Filtered out any references to restaurants; thought those can be found in
other sources e.g., the new '07 edition of the GF Restaurant Guide from Triumph
Dining
-Also the restaurant isn't the destination, it's a city, state, locale of a
place to enjoy a B&B vacation.
-There were several websites given for B&B's.  I made an attempt to check
each URL and see how "GF Friendly" they were.  I will list all 4, but tell you
they are in priority order.  Reason: The #1 choice lets you pick where you want
to go - then after selecting city, state, you can specify a GF filter on the
left side of the webpage.
  1. http://www.innseekers.com/Search.cfm (on or below the USA map, click the
state.  Then look to the left hand side labeled FILTER SEARCH, look down a
few boxes, check GLUTEN FREE MEALS & do the more exacting search. Viola!
  2. www.bedandbreakfast.com
  3. www.bnbfinders.com
  4. www.innkeepers.com (don't confuse the URL of this with innseekers.com)
-Got several responses for a B & B called Chicken Paradise in San Antonio,
TX. Their website is: www.chickenparadise.com
-Got one response for King's Cottage in Lancaster, PA. Their website is:
www.kingscottagebb.com. Place was highly rated by the folks that stayed there.
-In Madison, WI, there's Annie's B&B.  When a potential customer mentions the
need for GF, they get their goodies from The Silly Yak Bakery which ships all
over the US (www.sillyyakbakery.com/glutenfree.html), to get an idea of the
things they would serve
-Similarly a response mentioned that the Blackberry Inn in Camden Maine will
fix GF for you if you let them know you're coming & specify this dietary
requirement

Hope this helps,

Miguel in Madison, WI