From:
Monika Bradley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Jan 2000 11:34:28 EST

Dear List Members,

I am collecting names and email addresses of individuals with CD and DH, and
their family members, who would like to get together for informal meetings,
especially "dining outs", to share product information and perhaps bulk
purchasing, and who live in the general area from Silverdale, Bremerton, Gig
Harbor and Tacoma, WA.  Cynthia of GIG offered to share her ideas about local
restaurants that have some experience in GF meals, and Bette Hagman has
offered to share her famous bread making tips!

My husband was diagnosed in November 1999.  While thrilled to have the
Seattle GIG as a wonderful resource, we realized that the week night meetings
all the way over in Bellevue were difficult for us and impossible for others.

 Just here in Gig Harbor and Bremerton we have 3 newly diagnosed Celiacs
within a month!

If you are interested, please email me at [log in to unmask] with:

     your name
     town
     email address
     age
     how long ago you were diagnosed
                (just curious about the "experience level" of the members)
     best time for meetings:  week night / Saturday am/pm  / Sunday evening
     major area of concern regarding Celiac, e.g. foods, travel, eating out,
etc......

Once we have some idea of the number of people interested, I'll start looking
for some meeting sites!

Monika Bradley
Gig Harbor, WA