From:
Kurt & Katie Weidner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 May 2000 21:54:50 -0500

Dear List:

I want to thank you all for your insight on my 8 year old daughter's
mood swings, and temperment.  What an overwhelming response.  I received
about 80-90 responses.

Many of the responses were similar in saying that many 8 year olds go
through mood swings, and have problems coping with everyday occurrances
beginning now.  And that it is perfectly normal for kids (especially
girls) to act like this.

Others suggest counseling, which my husband and I had actually talked
about before the posting, but now after reading all of the other
doing that.

Others:
    Talk to her about it and let her vent
    Try to help make her feel the same (make cupcakes to have at
parties, etc.)
    Maybe just hormones readjusting.  (Mom is not ready for her to have
her changing her hormones yet!!)
    Sounds like puberty (ugh)
    Vitamin B12
    Increase Magnesium
    Increase Calcium
    Exercise
    Remove Dairy/Casein
    Find a Kids Support Group or Chat Group (We are currently
investigating these two options)

I want to thank those of you who have had your children either call
(Colleen) or e-mail.  Ashleigh really thinks that is cool, and loves to
write letters and talk to people who are experienced in lunch packing.
It is hard to find good things to bring in a lunchbox everyday.

Whatever the right solution (s) is, I sure have more insight on this
than I had before.  Ashleigh is doing a little better with the
additional vitamins that we have been giving her.  (The Viactiv Soft
Calcium Chews are wonderful!!) I am still looking for a Magnesium
supplement that isn't  so large.  She has a hard time swallowing big
pills.

Thank you all!!

Katie Weidner - Cannon Falls, Minnesota