Date:
Wed, 14 Dec 2005 23:17:22 -0400

This is a new way of doing things for me, I hope I'm doing this right. :)

To the question of which body-lotion to use for dry skin, when on a GF
lifestyle..

Here are the brandnames that were suggested.
People who emailed me said if it was GF, I do not know.. :)

Many suggested Neutrogena (GF)
Body Shop Butters (GF)
Lubriderm Ultra
Burt's bees buttermilk lotion
Lubriderm with shea butter
Bag Balm
Original Lubriderm
Eucerin
Banana Boat After Sun
Moisture Therapy by Avon
Cetaphil cream or lotion
For severe dry skin,
Eucerin cream is good (about the consistency of Crisco though)
Homeopathic skin treatment calendula ointment...a vaseline like product
that HEALS the skin
Lubiderm (For Extra Dry Skin).  We have been using it now for over 3 1/2
years. Don't use the oatmeal one as that does have gluten in it
Aveeno.  Everything in the "positively radiant" line is gluten free.
Vaseline lotions - just be careful to read the label - some may have oatmeal
Lady Primrose products are all gluten free and their lotion is the best
I have ever encountered!

Some links:
http://www.gfsoap.com
http://www.thebodyshop.ca/
http://www.executive-concepts.com
http://www.glutenfreesoaps.com

Some Questions:

Which St. Ives is it, and how did you find this out?
- It was the "Extra Relief Collagen Elastin".  I found out on some
website that listed teh St-Ives prodcuts and their possible Gluten
content because of Wheat Germ Oil use.

Someone said:
You can use whatever you want, even if it has wheat germ oil- IF you
DON'T have DH (the skin rash some celiacs have)  If you only have
celiac, wheat can not enter your intestines through your skin- the
protein molecule it too large.  You will not have damage from gluten
through your skin.  If you get DH, then that's a different story!

- Since the skin is the biggest organ, I decided not to take a chance.
I'm an highly sensitive to gluten I find.

Someone else suggested:
- I remembered something else. My adopted daughter from Brasil had very
dry skin.  My md told me to give her cod liver oil.  Witin 2 days there
was a tremendous change in her skin and the dry skin was GONE!

My decision?
- After discussing it with the owner of the health-store where I shop, I
decided to use something simple.  She says that for herself, she
wouldn't put anything on her skin that she wouldn't be willing to eat.
Makes sense enough to me.  I'll look for Almond oil or something similar.
I also started taking in Hemp Oil this morning, maybe I just need more
essential oils in my diet?  After all, my nutrition is not the best, I
have much to learn that way.

Thanks for all suggestions :)

--
Those who dance are considered insane by those who can't
hear the music.