From:
Janice Lee <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 10 Jul 2007 18:35:01 -0000

A big thank you to all of you (and there were a lot of you) who have
responded to my question about the ability to work full-time while
recovering. It has been most helpful. I had no idea how other celiacs
dealt with the effect of the disease on their work life. This weekend I
will summarize the responses along with the suggestions about what might
be causing the fatigue. I will remove any identifying information, of
course.

I should mention there are no part-time options for my current job.
However, if I quit this job I will be able to manage somehow.

Based on your suggestions I talked to the gastroenterologist, who ordered
three blood tests to see what my nutritional deficiencies might be. The
nurse called back with the results this  morning. Surprisingly, my iron
and ferritin levels were in the normal range. I assume everything else was
normal, too, - I was so stunned by the ferritin results that I forgot to
ask. He has no idea what's causing the extreme fatigue, but doesn't
consider celiac disease itself a factor. (Could this be right?) He
referred me to my regular doctor, whom I will be seeing tomorrow. However,
I am not optimistic about this because I have presented with anemia for
years with the latter doctor and he did no more than tell me to take iron
(which I already had been taking) and give me a hemacrit test, which
always came back normal.

So...can any of you recommend a good celiac doctor in the Kansas City area?

Thanks again,

Janice