From:
A Gilliland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Jun 2001 14:36:45 -0700

Hi All--

My question to the group was, did anyone know if
Celiac Disease is covered under the current ADA as a
protected disability?

Many people responded last week with an affirmative,
CD was considered a disability; a few weren't sure;
and one person from GIG responded that CD is not
considered a disability.

It isn't so important that celiac disease is or isn't
considered a disability under the ADA - it is
important that people take our disease seriously. I
was hoping for a little leverage by way of the ADA to
make us more visible.

I've been writing and deleting on this summary off and
on all day and have decided to just stop at this
point.

Thanks to everyone who responded and those who were so
anxious to help with my "brainchild," as yet unnamed.

I need to think a bit more about what I want to do
with this issue.

Cheers,
Ayn