From:
Catherine-Ann Day <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Catherine-Ann Day <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 May 2006 17:32:17 -0400

Greetings All!

Something to share. A good friend of ours lives in Cambridge and we went
down to meet him for dinner.  The plan was to eat at Harvest, a fine
place, but as we got caught in a downpour in Harvard Square, our friend
took us to the Charles Hotel, where we could park and eat and stay dry.

A gluten free discovery! The restaruant is Rialto Restaurant and Bar in
The Charles Hotel, Harvard Square, One Bennett Street, Cambridge, MA
02138.  Reservations are needed, but as we ate around six, it was no
problem to get a table reserved. Call (617) 661-5050. Reach them on-line
at www.rialto-restaurant.com.  When I asked (for the heck of it) if they
had a gluten free menu, I was surprised and pleased that they did! On it,
starred items could be made gluten free for me and the non-starred items
were gluten free with no modifications needed.  We had one of the best
meals of our lives - all three of us (I was the only Celiac).

After dinner, the chef appeared at our table to see how the gluten free
went. She was happy I was happy and she was even happier when I promised
her to post their info on this ListServ. They also have two other special
menus - one nut free and the other dairy free.

It's not cheap.  My entre was $43.00, but worth it.  I highly recommend
the restaurant for evening dining and especailly the steak with truffle
oil, etc.  Five stars in our opinion.

Kathie-Ann
Celiac in NH