From:
VanLoozenoord, Joan K <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Dec 1999 12:21:34 -0700

I received many replies concerning gluten-free gum drops.  I ended up using
the Life Savers Gummy Savers in the cookies I made, but they should have
been rolled in sugar (or maybe gluten-free flour) before I folded them into
the cookie dough.  Some of the candies ended up sticking to the baking sheet
instead of the cookie as they baked.  I couldn't find any Farley's candies
-- I was hoping that they would have something more like the traditional gum
drop that I had as a child, instead of the gummy type candy.

Here are the suggestions:

DOT'S are Gf....

All of Farley's candies are GF.
Farley giant jellies
Farley orange lemon slices
Farley's spice gumdrops

Christopher's fruit jellies

some of the Spangle items - like the orange slices (the gumdrop like
slices.)

Life Savers Gummy Savers

Also, I received one recipe to make my own:

From: AngelaLowry <[log in to unmask]>

 Gummies

Ingredients

3 envelopes unflavored gelatin
1/2 cup Capri sun dry drink mix
4 T cranberry extract or black cherry extract or other flavoring
1/2 cup ice cold water
1/2 cup ice cold pear juice

Preparing

Mix powders in a saucepan, pour in 1/2 cup ice cold water & 1/2 cup pear
juice while stirring. when all is mixed (you'll get a gelatinous
appearance) turn heat onto medium, continue mixing until steam is rising
(before boiling) pour into molds. Chill 15 minutes minimum. You can
chill much longer... dip into dry drink mix or dry sweetener or even
sweet rice flour to keep from sticking.  Keep in fridge.

I use candy molds sprayed with a little oil spray.

Thanks for your replies and best wishes for a wonderful (gluten-free)
holiday season.

Joan Van Loozenoord
Denver, Colorado