From:
Linda Nelson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Oct 2000 20:06:42 -0400

I was diagnosed in late May with H.Pylori bacterial infection. My doctor put
me on two weeks of prev-pak antibiotics, which he said would cure me
completely. Two weeks later, he called me to say I also had celiac disease.
I started immediately on the gf diet, but didn't seem to get rid of the
"heaviness" in my chest and back, so asked him if I could still have the h.
pylori. He said absolutely not! I ended up asking for a referral to the Mayo
Clinic, where I saw Dr. Murray, the most wonderful cd doctor there is! He
found I still do have h. pylori, but said I must be gf for six months before
the antibiotics would work. I'm totally gf with my diet, but feeling
miserable all the time. What I'm wondering is, has anyone else out there had
this infection? If so, what were your symptoms? I'm really anxious to get on
the antibiotics so I can start to feel better. I'm working full-time and
having a rough time making it through the day.

Linda, in Minnesota