Date:
Thu, 24 Mar 2011 22:31:36 -0400

Hi All,

Here is the summary of gluten free on Sanibel and Ft Myers.  Thanks to everyone who replied.
---------
On Sanibel, try Sweet Melissa's
or Trader's, both great restaurants . Reservations required. The Island Cow
has a huge menu and is also very accommodating, great for families as well.
-----------
I just spend 5 days in Sanibel and had great luck with restaurants. one that I remember is Jacaranda: http://www.jacarandaonsanibel.com/  .  Great atmosphere as well.  Bailey's might be the local grocery store you're thinking about, and on their website you can print out a list of all their GF grocery items by aisle number!  Quite thoughtful. The other restaurant worth visiting is Sunset Grill - I found them very helpful.

-----------
Most of our restaurants will tell you what is gluten free in their menu if you ask. I think the health food store you were talking about is Ada's Whole Foods and it just announced their opening today with grand reopening activities April 1-3. Their website is adaswholefoods.com. Here is the article about it
http://www.news-press.com/article/20110323/ENT/103230348/Dining-notes-Ada-s-reopens-Fort-Myers?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|Home
The 25,000-square-foot store is in the South Plaza shopping center on U.S. 41 south of the Colonial Boulevard overpass.

We also have a Fresh Market in the Bell Tower Shopping Center in Fort Myers on U.S. 41 by Daniels Parkway.
You can check out this website for gluten free restaurant menus in the area too.
http://www.urbanspoon.com/tn/146/1/16518/Fort-Myers/Gluten-Free-Friendly/Sanibel-restaurants
http://www.urbanspoon.com/t/146/1/Fort-Myers/Gluten-Free-Friendly-restaurants
here you go
http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2009/jan/02/gluten-free-dining-options-collier-and-lee-countie/
http://www.celiacchicks.com/2003/09/kelly_visits_fl.html

There  is a  a Fresh Market in Naples close to the Costco.  It's OK, nothing great. Frankly the Publix stores often have better GF options.  There is a Whole Foods in Naples.