From:
Barbara Emch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Jul 1998 08:12:45 EDT

Hi everyone,

I really like Dairy Queen's banana splits and decided to inquire about the
ingredients of the toppings as recently I read that the chocolate syrup is not
gluten free.  I asked the girl at the counter to find the label for the
chocolate syrup.  The syrup is made by Henry & Henry, Inc. and one of the
ingredients was Food Starch-Modified.  I was able to find the phone number
from our local library (it is 716-685-4000) and talked to a nice gentleman
named Wade Schulte.  He assured me that the modified starch was made from
corn.  I also asked him if his company made any other toppings for Dairy Queen
and he also gave me the ingredients for the strawberry, pineapple, hot fudge,
and marshmallow toppings.  They were all okay and if anyone wants any specific
ingredients, they can write me or they can call themselves.

As far as I know, Dairy Queen's soft serve, vanilla and chocolate, and their
yogurts are all gluten free, but it's important to check at each restaurant to
see who makes their toppings as I believe they can have different suppliers
for these.  I still have to check who supplies the pineapple and strawberry
toppings for my local store.

Hope this is of some help to others who like Dairy Queen sundaes.

Barb from NE Ohio