Date:
Sun, 25 Feb 2001 16:54:03 EST

Hi Listmates, I was diagnosed with Celiac in May of 2000, after being
ill for years.  (I'd also had celiac as an infant & child.) Since just
before my diagnosis I have occasionally had problems with a lump in my
throat, severe nausea, & sometimes even vomiting.  I have observed that
these symptoms are brought on by the ingestion of any amount of soy in
my food.  I am terribly concerned by the vomiting. It is even more
debilitating than my gluten symptoms were.  Until less than a year ago I
rarely ever had an episode of vomiting.

Has anyone else who has celiac or soy allergies experienced these symptoms?
Does anyone have any information about soy allergies?

Do soy allergies cause serious intestinal damage as gluten does?
Is there anything that can be taken/done in the case of accidental soy
ingestion?

Is there anything that can be taken to stop these symptoms?

Thank you so much for any assistance that you can offer.  I do appreciate
this support group so very much.

Kathy