From:
"Mara E. Levin" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Jul 1999 14:32:41 EDT

Dear List,

Does anyone know if there is gluten in temporary dental filling (used by
dentists and endodontists) and/or Tempanol, the OTC version at the drug store
which claims to have the same ingredients as the one dentists use? My tooth
broke off after I had one root canal session. Got some Tempanol from the drug
store ('cause the sharp edge of the tooth was cutting my tongue), and next
session the endodontist stuck more temporary filling in the tooth.

I have symptoms as if from gluten, and the only thing new I think I've used
recently is the filling material. I'm sure I have inadvertantly swallowed
some of it.

I searched the archives but found nothing on the subject. I called the
company's 800# but they don't answer. I looked up Tempanol's website, but the
page was blank. Please help... I feel rotten.

Mara in MA