From:
Sherri T Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sherri T Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 May 2002 14:18:51 -0400

Thanks everyone who responded about Legoland. Here is what I received:

Look in the Archives for a legoland summary dated March 20,2000 ,summary
legoland/disneyland by Glen Collier. This might be helpful. I have eaten
at the Fun Town Market Cafe. It has a salad bar,fruit salads,baked
potatoes etc.that you can piece together a good meal. I have not called
ahead which would be a better thing to do. Somewhere I recall that in
their BBQ restaurant the sauce is ok but please don't take my poor memory
for it. I would check with the chef about the BBQ .If it's ok ,it really
looked delicious but I hadn't checked everything out on my trip. It is a
fun trip to take.
----
Summary from March 20, 2000:
Thanks to all of you who wrote in. Here is a summary our trip. Both parks
were more than helpful and we had a great & stressfree vacation. Legoland
- I called 760-918-5346 and spoke with Michael Berg. He then prepared a
menu for my approval. We ate at the Fun Town Market Cafe in Legoland.
When I asked for the chef upon arrival at the restaurant, both cashiers
were familiar with our name and expecting us. Chef Paul came out to
confirm their lunch and then brought out a beautiful plate of rosemary
chicken and a baked potato. There was also plenty of fruit and a salad
bar available. There is fresh fruit, Yoplait yogurt and cracker jacks
throughout the park.
----
We went there and although the choices were limited, we didn't starve. I
don't think we went to a sit down restaurant but made do with the fast
foods that we could eat.
----
Unfortunately, there isn't much that is "close" to Lego Land. I live near
Lego Land. I usually go 20 minutes inland to Escondido for health food
stores (Trader Joes which has a list of their GF products online as well
as onsite, Boney's-which is a wild oats store, and Jimbo's-I get my GF
cereal here). There is a Claim Jumper restaurant in Carlsbad just off the
5 fwy (west of Lego Land). Also there is a Tony Roma's in San Marcos east
of Lego Land and all their bbq sauces are GF. They make great ribs- just
don't order the rice which can have wheat in it.
In Lego Land our favorite is the Test Track Diner. They have good food,
were accomodating, and you can watch them make your food. Most places we
ate were able to give us a list of ingredients but not necessarily able
to tell us if it was GF. The attractions are great (you'll like the
roller coasters even if you're not a roller coaster person) but they have
some work to do when it comes to food service say like Walt Disney World.
I haven't attempted to contact them for feedback on their food... you
might want to do that to see if accomodations can be made ahead of time.
-----
I have been there a couple of times. There is a food mall type of
cafeteria in one corner of the park. It had several GF choices, from what
I recall, salads and stuff. Most of the other places throughout the park
were typical pizza, burgers, etc. However, I LOVED the apple fries, near
the kids playground. They assured me that there was no flour involved and
I decided to believe them and ate them. They were delicious! Since I
don't have reactions anyway, I'll never know if they were really gluten
free or not.

Sherri Miller in Georgia, USA

"Why can't you draw on the walls like the other kids? Do you have any
idea how hard it is to wash that stuff off of the ceiling??" --
Michelangelo's Mom

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.