From:
Judith Grobe Sachs <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Judith Grobe Sachs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Oct 2010 14:37:24 -0500

My husband and I just came back from our first cruise, a 3-day cruise of
the Bahamas on the Norwegian Cruise Line's Norwegian Sky. Eating
gluten-free on the cruise was totally easy! The maitre'd went over the
next day's menu with me each day and I was able to order ahead of time.
They even modified a dish so I could eat it -- made it with rice noodles
instead of wheat noodles. I had my first restaurant-made sandwich since
I stopped eating gluten.

I talked to another passenger who had multiple food allergies, including
gluten, and she said she had the same terrific treatment and experience
as I did.

Here's hoping this is a Norwegian Cruise Line policy. Even if it isn't,
you could always do a short cruise on the Sky. We had a wonderful time.
I felt incredibly well taken care of.

And we didn't have to arrange anything ahead of time. My husband asked
when we made the reservations, and he was told to just tell the maitre'd
when we got aboard. I worried about that, but that's what we did. And
that really was all we needed to do. Wow!

Your mileage might vary, but I sure hope it doesn't. We all deserve this
type of terrific treatment.

Judy Grobe Sachs

--
In a burst of recycled electrons,