From:
Kathryn M Przywara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Jan 2001 19:28:48 -0800

I've been getting a bit creative lately and came up with a dairy free,
egg free lasagna filling.  I used Tinkyada Rice Lasagna noodles.  For the
meat/tomato sauce, I browned some homemade Italian sausage and added a
can of diced tomatoes, 1/2 c water, and some Italian seasoning.  While we
do try to avoid tomatoes, Tom can have them on occasion w/out problems.
The trick was to come up with something to replace the cheese mixture.
It was missing that stringy cheese texture, but overall, not bad.  Even
mister picky eater (Dad) ate 2 pieces :-)  Here is what I used:

Kathy

(Alyssa 3/15/97 - dairy, egg, corn, grape, unidentified EA's;
Thomas 5/30/99 - dairy, egg, corn, grape, wheat/gluten, soy, citrus
(mostly orange), tomato, walnut)

Lasagna Filling

1/2 c red lentils
1 1/2 c water
2 T olive oil
1/2 c minced onion
1/4 c minced green pepper
1/4 c minced brocolli
1/4 c grated carrot
2 cloves garlic
1 T parsley
1 T wheat free tamari
1 tsp salt

Place the water and lentils in a saucepan, bring to boil, cover and
simmer 15 minutes until tender.  In large frying pan, saute vegetables in
olive oil until tender.  Combine cooked lentils, sauted veggies, and
remaining ingredients.  Stir to combine, but do not overmix or it will be
mush.  Use to replace ricotta cheese mixture in any lasagna recipe.