Date:
Tue, 15 Nov 2005 19:18:24 -0600

A reminder...

The San Antonio Celiac Support Group will celebrate our third annual Thanksgiving Dinner on Saturday, November 19 at 12 noon at our usual meeting place, Covenant Presbyterian Church at 211 Roleto.  We meet in the kitchen area.  This is in Castle Hills, right outside Loop 410 between Blanco and Honeysuckle.

After our dinner we will have Nutrition Consultant, Sheri S. Zorrilla, RD, LD, MBA speaking to us about how dietitians can assist celiacs with the transition to becoming and staying gluten free.  Here is your chance to ask the questions you would like to know the answers to.  Many celiacs are not sure just what dietitians do, how they charge, or whether their insurance will cover the fee.  Sheri will be happy to answer all your questions.

While the adults enjoy Sheri's talk, the kids can enjoy some crafts with Rose and Michael Stevens, as they have in past years.  We always look forward to the activities that the Stevens family plans for us. To see the ROCKSA website, go to http://www.kidceliac.com .

As in the past, we will need to RSVP so that we can be sure and provide all the things that are necessary for this fantastic Thanksgiving feast.  We hope that some of you from other cities and towns in the area will join us.  I have had people tell me in previous years that this meal was better than what they would be having on Thanksgiving Day.  It is such a treat to share this time with others who understand your dietary restrictions.  Remember to bring your recipe, or at least a listing of all ingredients used.

If you have any questions, give me a call or consult our website at www.alamoceliac.org  under Calendar.   Be sure to RSVP to me by Friday, November 18 and tell me what you want to bring, and how many in your group.   You can call me at 210 340-0648 or e-mail at [log in to unmask]

Anne Barfield

Chair, San Antonio Celiac Support Group