From:
Robert Weiner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 31 Jul 1999 22:56:46 -0400

dear cel-kids parents,

I would appreciate hearing from folks regarding any precautions taken for
younger siblings of kids with CD.  Our 5-year-old was diagnosed with CD
when she was 2, and is doing well on the GF diet.  Her younger sister is 3
months and doing well on breast milk, but sooner or later she will start
to drink some formula.  Are all formulas GF?  What has been your
experience in introducing your baby to solid food? (I recall that oatmeal
is one of the foods commonly introduced early), I suppose that there is no
way to tell if she has CD as long as she is on a GF diet.  thanks for your
advice.

Robert Weiner ([log in to unmask])
George Washington University
Washington DC 20052 202 994 5981