Date:
Fri, 21 Jul 2006 09:30:29 EDT

I thank everyone who shared their experiences with me.  Ogunquit is one of my
favorite places to visit. My husband and I always gorge  ourselves on
lobster, lobster and more lobster. He searches for the perfect  lobster bisque and
lobster roll. I'm a purist and prefer steamed lobster. Here  are the responses
that I received:

Just eat lobster and butter and have a ball--

Try going to www.goodhealthpublishing.com  for a list of  105+
national/regional restaurants and their lists of gluten/wheat free  items.
There's also a gluten free dining card that can be presented to  restaurant
personnel to ease the ordering process.

There are many that are familiar with Celiac Disease, we went  to 98
Provence last week and had a wonderful dinner.  Barnacle Bills on Perkins  Cove are
good.  We went to Wild Blueberry Cafe for breakfast a week ago and  they took
care of me.  I live in Wells and work in Ogunquit so I am  familiar with these
restaurants.  Joshua in Wells is excellent, and even  the Steak House in Wells
is familiar with gluten intolerance.

EAT LOBSTER ... Even the lobster bar/shack near the walking bridge in
Ogunquit was fine when I was there summer of '02. (Mostly just avoiding the
obvious- no bread/ no croutons, etc.) I avoided soups too because I chose not to  ask
about hidden ingredients.

I enjoyed a nice steak at a big steakhouse  in Kennebunkport, Maine also.

The grocery store 5 miles south on the main  hwy (near York) was convenient
for staples shopping. I don't remember how much  it had in GF foods but then
again that was 4 years ago. I had packed my bag of  basics as we were staying in
a timeshare.

As for shopping, In addition to  LL BEAN and surrounding outlets in Freeport,
be sure to check out the OUTLETS  near York, Maine - there is a Container
Store outlet there!

If you feel like going to Kennebunkport while your in the area, there is a
great restaurant named Bandaloop.  My daughter and I both have celiac and  we
eat there all the time.  Good luck

I also received a wonderful 21 page attachment which is a  listing of many
celiac friendly restaurants and stores throughout Maine.  Unfortunately, I can't
figure out how to include it in my summary.

Thank you all.
Andrea NY