From:
"Mark S. & Elizabeth R. Crone" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Jul 1998 17:01:18 -0500

Listmates,

Boy,  are Mark and I upset with a capitol "U"!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I tell you
what, don't call Kraft unless it's a medical emergency!!!!  I had My
husband, Mark, call them to find out specifically what was the source of
their modified food starch and he got a real winner of an operator to
talk to!!  She was so rude!!  He asked her in his the nicest phone voice
possible (he's an office manager, Mark does this for a living...) if he
could find out what grains were used in their modified food starch and
instead of saying, "Sir, unfortunately, our offices are closed.  I can
take down your number and have someone answer your questions first thing
tomorrow.", she said, "Well, everything's closed and I'm not calling
over there unless this is a medical emergency.  You'll just have to call
back tomorrow."  This made Mark peeved. So he told here that this was a
medical emergency and he told her that he had a grain intolerance and
what would happen if he ate some gluten-containing food and that it was
very important  to get ahold of someone who knew what was in it AND SHE
STILL WOULDN'T CALL OVER TO THE OFFICE!!!  She told him that it didn't
really sound like that big of an emergency and she was told before (by
her boss, I guess) that she can't call over there unless it was a
medical emergency.  Mark tried to explain to her that celiac sprue is a
medical condition and she told him to CALL BACK WHEN HE HAD A
REACTION!!!!!!!!  Mark's like, fine...I'll be talking to you in about
half-an-hour!!
  Maybe someone out there will have better luck getting ahold of someone
better than we did.  The number is :  (800) 847-1997

Thanks!!  Mark & Liz