From:
CurtissAnn <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
CurtissAnn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Jan 2010 18:26:47 -0800

My thanks to all for the generous sharing of information. You're a kind bunch!

My original post was: >>Looking for anti-diarrhea med recommendations. For the first
time since going gf 8 years ago, I'm having a terrible bout of
diarrhea. We thought it was a stomach virus caught from grandson,
however, this has been going on for almost three days. I've never known
a stomach virus to do that. I feel like I've been glutened and suspect
cross-contamination from cornmeal. This is also the first time in 8
years that I've allowed myself to indulge in wonderful Southern white
cornmeal cornbread. Anyone else have problems with cross contamination of cornmeal?<<

4- immodium & 2 Pepto-bismal
Also got tips about maintaining a liquid diet, having no dairy, fat, spices, using probiotics. (I was pretty much doing all that.)
Quite a number of you have recently had this type of virus-- so sorry, but it did make me feel better :)--and at least two said it lasted 4 - 5 days. This is my 5th day, and I'm much improved this evening.

2 people said yes, corn meal can be cross-contaminated; 2 people said not if you buy good corn meal.

My thanks to the person who put me on to Carolina Rice Plantation-- http://www.carolinaplantationrice.com/default.asp
They grow and mill not only rice & rice flour, but also corn, milling grits and corn meal. I queried them, and their mill does only those things, nothing else grown or milled on the farm. Whoo-hoo! I'm going to give them a try.

CurtissAnn
Alabama