From:
Carrie Bielecki <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Carrie Bielecki <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Oct 2005 23:53:49 -0500

Sorry this took awhile.  I have been packing to go to Indy for heart surgery trip for my daughter.

Anyway, here is what I found out about travel to Indianapolis and staying gluten-free:

    Try going to www.goodhealthpublishing.com for gf lists of restaurants and free gluten free dining card.

www.glutenfreeindy.com is another website that might be helpful.

    Greek Islands is a restaurant downtown. Angela the chef knows the gf diet, so speak directly to her.  It is in a bit of a warehouse and industrial neighborhood--during the day OK, but not at night unless you are with someone.   http://greekislandsrestaurant.com

http://cafeatray.com  Review the diet with the chef--he is not as familiar but does understand.  Many times soups are GF.  Good salads.

Outback Steakhouse in Greenwood. http://tinyurl.com/8dgnz

PF Changs http://tinyurl.com/eyh2c Has a gf menu.  Ask for special gf dipping sauce.

Bertolini's--Heard they would make a gf meal, but didn't know what one person was talking about when she called them.  You might have  better luck.

Panera Bread--have a gf list of foods

Boston Market

Donatos Pizza will make GF pizza with soy crumbles or ask for it without them.  Order the "No Dough" pizza.  Have Hawaiian pizza--ham, pineapple, almonds, cinnamon.  Don't order white sauce or any specialty ingredients like marinated chicken.  You can ask them to send your pizza through the oven an extra time to make it a bit more crispy.  Make sure to tell them to be very careful with your food so it doesn't get contaminated by non-gf foods.

Mitchell's Fish Market in Carmel http://tinyurl.com/7k9km

Carrabba's in Southport and maybe other sites in Indy.  http://carrabbas.know-where.com/carrabbas/cgi/site?site=6502&address

Health food store in Greenwood about a mile north of the Greenwood Mall on US 31.  It is on east side of the road.

Sorry if this is choppy, but I am in a hurry so it's the best I can do.  I did find the websites very helpful.  Thanks everybody, especially Suzanne.  You've been a big help.  I didn't get many responses, but what I did get was great!

Carrie