From:
jeff grant <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
jeff grant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Jan 2006 11:39:20 +0000

On Monday 16 January 2006 08:39, Michelle Forsman wrote:

> 1 in 133 Americans and Canadians have celiac disease.  There are an
> estimated 2 million Americans afflicted with it.  Even more Europeans
> have celiac disease.

The last study I read on this - a report by the British Medical Assocation -
said that at least 1 in 80 (and almost certainly more) on both sides of the
Atlantic suffered from the condition.

As somebody has intimated on this list, I doubt publishers will bother too
much with letters criticizing the views of one of their authors just as long
as the book sells. The writer of the offending material clearly has no idea
what she's talking about and my view is that she's best ignored and left
alone in the company of her own ignorance.

Jeff in London UK