From:
Valerie WELLS <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Valerie WELLS <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Dec 2004 14:26:40 -0800

I didn't expect I would be posting a summary on this, but I got a funny
reponse that I thought the rest of you would enjoy hearing.  I also recieved
a good old standard cream cheese frosting recipe and a couple of interesting
comments. ~Valerie in Tacoma
-------------
Don't you just love it when you goof up on something and it turns out better
than it would have been anyway?  I made a bundt cake for a funeral/potluck
yesterday.  Took it out of the oven, flipped it and let it cool a few
minutes while getting dressed.  Made a glaze to drip over it...did so and by
the time I was ready to go out the door, the glaze had all puddled on the
plate from the cake being too hot.  I took it anyway.  Then accidently
placed my purse on it while at the service.  So I had an ugly, lopsided cake
to take to the potluck.  I was embarrassed, but probably 10 people came up
to me afterwards to tell me that the cake was one of the best they had ever
had!!  We brought two pieces home and ate it last night and it WAS really
good.  So, all's well that end's well.  Thanks for sharing your story!! Joy
--------------
Yesterday I was wondering how my long dead grandmother made her frosting.  I
read your letter this morning and knew that she made it the same way you
did.  Thank you.
---------------
sometimes we have good accidents! i use that mixture-cream cheese and
whipped cream for a few cakes i make..since we dont do sugar i use sorbitol
and also i have added cocoa for a yummy chocolate frosting...or you can add
preserves or other flavorings...it is a great substitute for 'white'
frosting...i remembered a recipe my mom used to make what called for the
mixture but it was used more like a topping on a deep chocolate bundt cake
that was put in the middle (hole) of the cake and then a warm dark cherry
sauce was used with it too....IT WAS YUMMY!!! just some ideas for you to
expand on! you can make it the consistency you want to by adding more or
less whipped cream have great holidays donna in ny :-)
Prior to my daughter's christehing, I took a course in baking with a
professional chef.  He gave me a great recipe for cream cheese
frosting....felel free to share with group

8 oz cream cheese
1 lb confectioner's sugar
1 teas lemon extract

combine all ingredients, beating well.  frost cake and refrigerate