From:
Wanda Parrott <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Wanda Parrott <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Nov 2002 17:01:30 -0800

Listmates:

Thanks to all who responded. General comments were that soy itself does
not contain gluten, but that most soy sauces do Exceptions include  La
Choy, Kroger brand (I contacted the store and they confirmed it was gf),
and San J (gold label only) Wheat Free Tamari Sauce. However, several
responders noted that some celiacs do react to soy, even though it does
not contain gluten.

One person noted that it is important to "ask about wheat, rye, barley,
and possibly oats in their products.  If you ask only about 'gluten,' it
confuses them as corn and rice have gluten, but not the damaging kind."

And, one good soul said she'd also send a note to Sun Luck. Thanks! I
think that if we all continue to contact manufacturers, they'll realize
they're missing out on a large market!

Happy Gluten Free Thanksgiving to all!
WP