From:
Todd Sorensen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Nov 1996 17:26:25 EST

Your comments about the GF diet and poplular diet fads are quite
interesting.  Any time my mother comes to stay with us for an extended
visit (4-6 weeks), she loses weight and reports feeling much more
energetic.  Most of our meals are GF, with able members of the family
eating WHEAT breads, crackers, etc.   I recently had a friend call and
rave about another diet book with similar recommendations for avoiding
grains in the diet--she and members of her family all reported weight
loss and more energy.  This really sounds great, but I'm having a hard
time throwing all my home-ec classes out the window, along with square
meals and food pyramids.  One of the things I have worked the hardest on
since going GF 7 years ago, was BALANCING my diet to include enough
bread/grain products from the allowable GF sources.

I tend to favor the middle ground in all the "news" that comes and goes,
and I will probably continue "balancing" my diet and wait to see what
happens to these theories in the long term.

Danelle Sorensen
Kansas City, KS, USA