Date:
Thu, 29 May 1997 23:28:05 -0700

Hi Everyone,   (5/29/97)
Last month someone asked if there was a GF ricotta cheese to use in
making lasagna. If you live in the Philadelphia, PA or Southern New
Jersey area (or perhaps other areas), there is a brand called Maggio
Premium whole milk Ricotta Cheese. Ingredients are made from pasteurized
whole milk, culture, vinegar and salt.

Called the company in Philadelphia, PA and spoke to Mr. Maggio himself,
president of the company. After discussing celiac disease with him and
the necessity to stay on the GF diet, he was good enough to call his
supplier and ask what type of vinegar was used. Returning my call, he
proudly stated that apple cider vinegar is used to make his ricotta
cheese. If you are not lactose intolerant check out this ricotta cheese.
So now I have my lasagna recipe in tack: Pastariso (GF) lasagna noodles,
Maggio's ricotta cheese, Prego (Tomato & Basil - TCCSSG) or Healthy
Choice (Mushroom or Garlic w/Herbs - TCCSSG), ground beef and Frigo
(Mozzarella Cheese - TCCSSG).  * TCCSSG represents products approved as
GF by the Tri-County Celiac Sprue Support Group.
Enjoy!

Cindy in NJ