From:
Carollee Hayward <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Aug 1999 13:28:19 -0400

Just returned from a 7 day cruise on the NCL Majesty  from Boston to
Bermuda and back.  I told my travel agent I would need a gluten free
diet and she checked and told me there would be no problem with that,
just check in with the dining room supervisor to identify myself.  That
was all I did prior to leaving.

Once on board, I sought out the person in charge and told him I would
need a gluten free diet.  His response?  Would that also include dairy
free?    No other explanation was needed.

The first night I picked out my appetizer, soup, salad and main course
and told the waiter I was the Gluten lady.  He was already informed of
my needs and suggested some alternative menu items that would be easier
to make GF.  I was shocked!  Before desert the dining room supervisor
came to me with the next days menu and went over my selections.  When I
enquired about certain items, he assured me that the chef would be happy
to make me a "special"  version of the item.  Even the busboy was very
informed and when serving my sorbet, noticed that a cookie had been
added to the dish and immediately whisked it away before I could say
anything.  My husband and I were very impressed and I unfortunately was
able to eat everything they prepared for me.

My only suggestion was to bring breakfast bread with you as after 7 days
I was craving toast or a bagel.  They would have gladly prepared it for
me had I thought to bring some along.

So here is a good story for you all to enjoy.

Carollee in NH