Date:
Fri, 21 Mar 1997 21:48:38 -0500

Hi Group!

I wrote awhile back and asked if any of you did NOT have diarrhea as a
symptom of CD.  I was overwhelmed with all the responses I got!  At
least 50 or more replied, and I sincerely thank everyone for the info
you shared with me.  I joined this list to learn about CD and see if it
might fit the symptoms I am fighting (constant bloating, bubbly feeling
in colon, and very spastic, among other things).  Several people asked
me to summarize responses I received to the list, so here's my summary.

The number one complaint among responders was constipation, gassiness,
abdominal pain, and bloating, next was anemia, next skin rashes,
vomiting, or chronic fatigue.  A few other symptoms that were mentioned
by only a few people were no weight gain, body aches, migraines,
undigested food in loose stools, itchy scalp, osteoporosis, low blood
pressure, sinus attacks.  Several said they had no classic symptoms at
all.  It definitely seems that in most cases, diarrhea comes later as
the disease gets progressively worse.

In my own case, I suspect candida more than CD, but may decide to get
tested for CD.  Don't know if a test will be accurate though; as I
mentioned, the only grains I eat are millet and quinoa, and do not eat
any other gluten sources that I know of.  Maybe I'm just one of those
who cannot eat starches at all.  I hope not!!

Thanks again to all of you!

Susan