From:
Mikki Black <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mikki Black <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Aug 2008 12:14:15 -0400

Hi, everybody.

I'm a fairly recently-diagnosed celiac, and I've been doing the normal
bread-crazy bit that everybody goes through.  I've tried so many different
recipes and mixes, but was never really pleased.  I didn't like store-bought
bread BEFORE I was diagnosed, so I guess I'm pretty picky.  I've often
just made my own bread.  I finally found a decent white bread, though,
and so I decided to share the recipe with you.  It's an online one, put
together from other recipes  (...which is what I was doing when I found
it, ironically enough).

I don't have any connection to this website, and haven't tried the other
recipes, just this one.  You have to be careful on the rise, because it
might
overflow your breadpan if you just set the timer and wander off (that
happened to me and a couple others at least).  The recipe doesn't say
to, but I just sprayed down the pan with non-stick spray, put the dough
in, and let it rise there.  It worked great.

The bread is still a little spongy, but not too much.  It is soft, very
white,
fluffy, easy to slice when cool.  It's a little sweet, but just a touch, not

too much.  I did notice that the bread will sweat heavily if you put it in
a ziploc, Also, after a few days, it started to lose its height.  It's
versatile:
I've used it for plain eating, peanut butter sandwich, patty melt, toast,
and
french toast.  When I saw it starting to shrink, I put it in the freezer.
It's
been fine eating from frozen too.

I hope that if you've been searching for a good bread that you like this
one.  There are a lot of ingredients, but its a 3 step process, not too
complicated to make.
Enjoy!

*http://www.celiac.com/articles/457/1/White-Bread-2-Gluten-Free/Page1.html

*