From:
Graven Water <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Graven Water <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Aug 2006 12:08:24 -0400

I have a grim wonder - do food intolerance cause osteoarthritis?

I had a bad knee injury 20 years ago, I had to have my ACL and MCL
repaired.  the doctor said now my knee has osteoarthritis.  It may just
be a result of the surgery, he said the surgery is very traumatic for my
knee -

but I also know that my knee was a lot less painful after I found my food
intolerances - it probably made my knee less inflamed.  And I do wonder if
all those years living with undiagnosed food intolerances - I probably
have celiac disease but I'm not totally sure - had something to do with
developing arthritis.

I've been reading things about how researchers now think immune reactions
may contribute to osteoarthritis - they don't understand it very well but
immune reactions can degenerate cartilage.

real bummer - I'm going to see if I have a reaction to glucosamine or
chondroitin.  I probably do because the glucosamine is made from shellfish
and the chondroitin from cows.  rebuild those joints!  I'm only 46 for
chrissakes.

Laura