From:
Donna &/or Kieran <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Donna &/or Kieran <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Nov 2008 10:34:12 -0600

I work in Cookeville, and avoid eating out like the plague.  We went to
Outback once and the food was nice, but it was rather expensive.  My last
gluten exposure was at Puleo's where I'd been assured something was gluten
free and then the cook remembered the soy sauce.  Turns out nearly
everything they do has soy sauce in it.  I didn't have a bad reaction, no
joint inflammation or gut reaction, didn't turn into a complete zombie like
other times.  I just felt SO WEIRD!
     Well, right next door to where I work an Indian restaurant has just
opened to high praise from the public.  I had talked with the owner off and
on about my gluten intolerance and what they might have that I could eat.
He said come over for a free meal.  So today while we were slow and their
lunch hour was nearly done, I went over there.
    They had a buffet, and the owner pointed out 5 dishes that I could eat,
plus of course the rice.  In fact to be more accurate, the only things with
gluten in them were the nan and one of the curry dishes, so I could eat all
the rest.  Imagine, all that food right there for me to eat, just like
everyone else was eating!  It was a wonderful feeling, and the food was
wonderful too.  I'm sort of a medium on the wimpy scale, so I gasped and
fanned my mouth now and then, but it was great stuff and the raita was
wonderfully cooling.   If I don't start feeling weird tomorrow, I'll know
the place is safe for me to eat there.  Cookevilleans, check with me next
week on this.  Donna

P.S. update, no reaction so far, but it'll take 48 hours to be sure, and
I'll probably do it again next week.  After that I can probably give them
either a complete or a qualified endorsement as serving lots of GF stuff.
Looks like plenty of  dairy free as well.

They do take-out, lunch buffet, and a-la-carte dinner.  Lunch 11-2:30 Dinner
3-10.

India Palace
120 W. 1st st.
(931) 525-1190