Date:
Thu, 11 Sep 2003 21:18:53 -0500

Thank you to those who have pointed me in the right direction.

I went to www.mcdonalds.com
The allergen list has not yet been updated to include the wedge fries.
I tried to fill out a contact form and could not because I do not have a US
mailing address.

I went to the Canadian site at www.mcdonalds.ca and looked at the
ingredients, which I have listed below.

I tried to contact them in Canada but they do not list a toll-free number,
and they do not list an email address. You must write a letter and send by
snail mail, or phone long-distance.

Perhaps list members in the US could contact McDonalds to verify the GF
status of the ingredients, and to verify how they are cooked.

Wedge Fries Ingredients: Potatoes, a blend beef tallow and cottonseed oil,
modified potato and corn starch, degermed yellow corn flour, corn starch,
salt, dextrin ( tapioca and corn), garlic powder, pepper, onion powder,
dextrose, baking powder (sodium acid pyrophosphate, sodium bicarbonate),
xanthan gum, spice extractive, extractives of capsicum, caramel colour,
silicon dioxide, annatto, sodium acid pyrophosphate.